Thanks to you and a cracker-jack team, we have reached our goal of 30 new members! But there's still time to make a difference. The more new members who join before May 20th, the more we will be able to donate to the very worthy Grow a Library program. For more on the benefits of membership, see below.
The Atlantic Provinces Library Association is looking for someone like you. People who are passionate about libraries and the profession, who are energetic and committed to our cause, and who wish to contribute innovative new ideas in order to strengthen library culture within the Atlantic region.
Why should you become a member of APLA today?
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE! If we reach our target of 30 new members* before May 20th, 2012, we will donate 20% of your membership fee to “Grow a Library” in your name, supporting libraries and literacy around the world.
- SUPPORT LOCAL! We represent you and your libraries by speaking out to government and other authorities about YOUR needs. Check out the Advocacy section on our website for more on what we do.
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW! Enjoy APLA’s yearly conference as you attend great sessions relating to all types of libraries and have a wonderful time in your own back yard. You can also take advantage of Education Institute classes and series throughout the year. A few examples of this winter’s online events: Conversation with Leaders Series, Harnessing the Power of QR Codes, Building Better Business With the Library, and more.
- GET A DEAL! As a member, get access to discounted cellular, hotel, and car rental offers PLUS discounted member rates for APLA and other provincial/territorial association conferences.
- WE APPLAUD YOU! We have grants for researchers, awards for innovators, and scholarships for students. Nearly $6000 is up for grabs each year. Find out more on our Funding & Awards page.
* New members do not include renewing members.
A dynamic organization with hundreds of active members, the Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA) has supported the development of libraries and library services in the region since 1934. APLA is an association for all library staff and information professionals, including library assistants and library technicians, library trustees, archivists and librarians.